Wednesday, June 17, 2009


This is my completed mount, for the Honda Genny.
This set up would be pertty expensive, unless you are creative.
The angle steel, 2x1/4 I hunted up in SALVAGE piles, while I was at a Grand Rapids steel recycling place.
The alum. plate, for the cover, I came across, as a Machinist was cleaning out his garage, as he retired. The Diamond plate, which would sell for at least $50-$80, as I looked at Tractor supply, menards etc. I paid a whole $10 !!!!!!!!!!
The angle, one piece was close to $40.at a new steel suppply outlet.............. I got from salvage for a whopping $13.50 TOTAL...ALL the angle, plate..etc.... , course , I had to buy the bolts, etc. But, at T.S C , you buy for bulk.(tractor supply Co.) The bolts are grade 8., most of the main ones.........It ain't going anywhere!!!!!!!!!

2 Comments:

At 3:30 PM, Blogger coal said...

I did the same thing on my unit, really keeps the Honda up out of the way and easy for servicing, fueling up if your in the back of the truck. But I removed it today, as I reconfigured my truck and need the swing room.

I have two Hondas, and thinking of making a large mount system off the the rear of the trailer , don t like that much weight back there though, ha 400 pounds for two units with steel and aluminum enclosures.

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Mark said...

Cool...........I really like having the genny permanatally mounted, easy to work on, and dosen't "walk" away..L.O.L.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home